Why You Kay Oh

Why You Kay Oh

Tue, 09/04/2012 - 17:57 by Ananth in response to why yew kay oh

Every visit to every coffee shop ever! At this point we've started keeping a log of ... uh ... unique name interpretations. Presented here are a few of the best.

A while back we did a comic about Cricket, and I can't remember if we posted the video BigAdam2050 put together of the strip. Check it out:

Totally delighted us.

That's all for us! Catch you Thursday!

Comments

That's okay, my name is

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Sat, 09/08/2012 - 16:53

That's okay, my name is Brenda and I even spell it out but I've gotten Breanne, Debra, Breda

my name is dawnya. i went to

Comment by dawnya~n (not verified) Sun, 09/09/2012 - 00:04

my name is dawnya.
i went to arby's and they asked me for my name because it was busy.
i said "dawnya. d-a-w-n-y-a." i said it slowly and loudly so she would understand.

five minutes later i come back to a receipt that says "dawana".
internal tears were shed.

If I were a barista and you

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Sun, 09/09/2012 - 20:03

If I were a barista and you were obviously japanese I'd want to write your name in kanji 優子 XD

When my father went to

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Mon, 09/10/2012 - 17:17

When my father went to Edingburgh and bought coffee in a starbucks, he had the same issue. His name is Ludo, they wrote Noodle.

People constantly try to add

Comment by Ann (not verified) Fri, 09/14/2012 - 18:53

People constantly try to add syllables to my name, probably assuming that they've missed something, so I always need to keep an ear out for Anna, Diane, Diana, etc. Somehow people also manage to mishear my name as something less common like Nan and once, Nad. But the strangest one I've gotten was at a Jamba Juice:

"What's your name?"
"Ann."
"Sorry, what was that?"
"ANN."
"Elle?"
"No, ANN. A-N-N."
"All right. Got it. :)"
A few minutes later...
"Elle!"

I know it's loud in there, but still...

haha me too

Comment by Boogie (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 02:27

Mines Zack. i get SACK. JACK. CHUCK. and strangely enought ALAN one time. ._.

LOL even if they spelt your name phonetically it would be closer. YOU KOH

I have a pretty unusual

Comment by Animus (not verified) Thu, 10/11/2012 - 23:43

I have a pretty unusual name, so I know exactly what you mean! My name is spelled Arras, but pronounced like Eris. I've taken to just saying it and letting people spell it however they want.

I can relate so well...I've

Comment by Beryl (not verified) Sun, 05/26/2013 - 00:00

I can relate so well...I've gotten Ferral, Berral, Barrall, Barrel, Carol...