Happy birthday Evan!

Happy birthday Evan!

Thu, 09/20/2012 - 17:13 by Ananth in response to soul drinks

Hey guys! Here's a comic about drink preferences. I think a Dark & Calm is a Dark & Stormy without the alcohol? Cute.  You can seem them in color on Yuko's Tumblr.

It's Evan's birthday today! Happy birthday man! You are talented as heck! Hooray! Birthdays for all.

That's all for us! See you next week!

Comments

So a "Salty Cat" is

Comment by Jude P (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 18:24

So a "Salty Cat" is basically just grapefruit juice?

yeah...

Comment by Ptorq (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 19:23

I was kind of thinking that myself. At least a Salty Cat has salt. A "Dark & Calm" seems to just be ginger beer. Not that there's anything wrong with ginger beer, but I'm not sure it really needs a special name.

Gingerbeer has an alcohol in

Comment by frienldysoviet (not verified) Fri, 09/21/2012 - 00:56

Gingerbeer has an alcohol in it. So imagine an empty glass with some ice and a lime in it.

~

Comment by Phee (not verified) Fri, 09/21/2012 - 01:48

I don't think mocktails are just cocktails with the alcohol taken out, they would be non-alcoholic flavour/effect recreations. So the dark & calm would have something in it that tastes like rum, the salty cat would have something that feels like vodka, and so on. And they'd use ginger ale or non-alcoholic ginger beer (for example, Australian ginger beer is all non-fermented).

While traditionally brewed

Comment by Alex (not verified) Fri, 09/21/2012 - 09:24

While traditionally brewed ginger beers are alcoholic, the overwhelming majority of ginger beer you can buy in the US is non-alcoholic. [See: Gosling's, Reed's, etc]

Beer all the way! As far as

Comment by Nate (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 19:45

Beer all the way! As far as cocktails go, I like a Bullet and Blenheim, Whiskey Old Fashioned, and occasionally a gin martini. But beer is so tasty. DOSE HOPS.

I'll be danged

Comment by Jason (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 20:01

Alcohol Intolerance is actually a thing that exists... when I read the comic I thought Yuko was just talking about the Asian Flush, but that's apparently something different. Ya learn something new every day.

Cuba Libre!

Comment by Dan (not verified) Thu, 09/20/2012 - 23:51

...or a Segram's 7 and Coke.

Well....

Comment by 13thprotector (not verified) Fri, 09/21/2012 - 10:53

I've never been one for alcohol, but a nice glass of wine at the table or a bit of whiskey on the gums never hurt much at all, well don't over drink. I mean seriously, that could be dangerous for your motor skills, damaging. Not to mention, I just don't like the taste.

What does the sad face for

Comment by Steve (not verified) Fri, 09/21/2012 - 12:13

What does the sad face for Ananth represent?

Too sad to drink?

Ah cocktails!

Comment by Android 21 3/7 (not verified) Fri, 09/21/2012 - 16:09

I love cocktails! Not drinking them, but just saying their names! It's just fun and makes me feel arbitrarily knowledgeable!

I, for one, am fond of the Shirley Temple. Not the hack restaurant stuff, but with orange juice mixed in.

It's been mentioned that

Comment by Dottianne (not verified) Sat, 09/22/2012 - 17:05

It's been mentioned that Yuko is allergic to alcohol, but what does the sad face pointing to Ananth mean?

The Sad Face

Comment by Anonymous Coward (not verified) Sun, 09/23/2012 - 14:00

I beg a thousand pardons if this is being incredibly assumptive, but it is my guess that Ananth does not drink alcohol for the same reason that he does not eat meat, that is, he follows halal practice :)

When did halal mean you

Comment by frienldysoviet (not verified) Mon, 09/24/2012 - 02:37

When did halal mean you can't eat meat?

It might just be easier to

Comment by Lee (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 14:34

It might just be easier to abstain from meat instead of trying to find meat that has been slaughtered properly in the U.S.

I don't know anything about Ananth's reasons for vegetarianism, but I know kosher practicing folks who in theory could consume kosher certified meats in the U.S., but err on the side of caution and prefer to be vegetarians/pescetarians.

But yeah, that being said, I don't remember reading anything in Johnny Wander about Ananth and alcohol so who knows!

Drink Names

Comment by Kevin Mitchell (not verified) Mon, 09/24/2012 - 20:32

I wonder what John's drink would be called?

Bloodiest Mary.

Comment by Batmanth (not verified) Thu, 09/27/2012 - 10:50

Bloodiest Mary.

Johnnie Walker

Comment by Shirley Temple (not verified) Sat, 09/29/2012 - 22:32

The whiskey.
Hehe, see what I did there?

Hey its birthday of Evan. I

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 11/20/2012 - 07:30

Hey its birthday of Evan. I still remember that last year celebration and the respective games according to that. We all had a great time with him and I hope this evening we are going to rock.

I now simply found in that

Comment by Kullu Trip Manali (not verified) Wed, 12/05/2012 - 08:10

I now simply found in that part of the contents. I am very inquisitive to see it, but like any other person or in any way.
Personally I think an amazing concept to write personally to the future, will spend the time to wait. Appreciate it