Springtime of my youth

Springtime of my youth

Tue, 09/25/2012 - 16:03 by Ananth in response to decision by committee

More dress adventures.

I'm super sick so I am gonna leak something we normally keep as a book exclusive. We're beginning to get our files together for V3 and one of the things we like to do is use the author bio pages to have some fun - in the first volume we're X-Men and the the second we're D&D monsters. We don't normally share this stuff outside of the book, but I can't help myself - Yuko did a pretty rad shojo bio drawing of me and here's a crop of it:

I can't stop laughing. See you guys Thursday.

Comments

Ananth Senpai!!

Comment by Aube (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 16:14

We're kind of getting a double dose of behind the scenes stuff, well I guess it's more sneak preview but still pretty rad. I've been loving the behind the scenes work, wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of what does into planning and making the books.

Get well soon Ananth!

The first electronic rice

Comment by JacksonLevin (not verified) Tue, 02/26/2013 - 11:48

The first electronic rice cooker was a rectangular-shaped box made of wood with electrical wires attached on both ends. In order to cook rice, the armies fill the box with washed rice and water. The water starts to boil when an electrical current is switched to heat the device. After the cooking process, one should push the button to reduce the heat in order to avoid burning the rice. The invention was really helpful to armies in remote places however; the device was not applicable for home cooking because of risks of electrocution. For additional tips: http://www.articlesbase.com/electronics-articles/cooking-rice-made-effor...

get well soon!

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 16:27

ANANTH HAS EYES???

OMG OR IS IT A MASK WE ALL

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 21:13

OMG

OR IS IT A MASK

WE ALL KNOW THEY'RE EVIL SPACE ALIENS WHO ENTRANCE US WITH THEIR BEAUTIFUL COMICS

ONLY EVIL SPACE ALIENS CAN

Comment by Goldmarble (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 12:41

ONLY EVIL SPACE ALIENS CAN DRAW EQUALLY WELL WITH THEIR NON-DOMINANT HAND!

THE SNESE

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/27/2012 - 01:38

everything makes purrfect sense now.
all the points are now connected.
Yuko is a space alien.
it is now RL canon.
i ship it.

I came to the comment

Comment by NiK (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 16:39

I came to the comment section to find this comment. I was not disappointed. x3

V3

Comment by Paige (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 16:29

I can't wait for the third volume! I just adore Yuko and her work. :D

kyaa~

Comment by lys (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 16:44

Ahhh, that's the cutest dress!!!! I'm glad everyone decided Yuko should have it. And oooh, shoujo-manga Ananth is terribly charming :D Volume three! Exciting!!

This page is HILARIOUS

Comment by Geraint Scott (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 17:06

This page is HILARIOUS

AHAHAHAHA! Oh, no! Now I

Comment by Chitaku (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 17:17

AHAHAHAHA! Oh, no! Now I can't stop laughing! I can't wait for Volume 3! I've been in a similar situation as Yuko in the comic, except I was in a Party City, debating on what I should be for Halloween when some random woman proclaimed "YOU SHOULD BE HARRY POTTER!", and several people agreed. XD

Shoujo bubbles and

Comment by Haketh (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 19:07

Shoujo bubbles and Annath=Awesome

Cosplay for Yuko and Doujin for Ananth

Comment by Kuragari (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 20:16

Haha love it.

Am i the only one who

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 21:01

Am i the only one who thought Ananth was Junpei from Persona 3 at first? :')

I didn't, but... Now I can't

Comment by Hydrall (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 11:18

I didn't, but... Now I can't unsee it. They totally should do a picture of all of them as P3 characters.

that would be AWESOME

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/27/2012 - 08:04

that would be AWESOME

No, i saw that at first too.

Comment by thewinged7 (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 22:31

No, i saw that at first too. Atleast untill i read the description XD

On Ananth's eyes

Comment by GeniiBean (not verified) Tue, 09/25/2012 - 23:44

I keep thinking of them opening the Ark in Indiana Jones.
"Don't look at it, Mary!"

Shiny

Comment by Anii (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 00:59

That is super animuuu....

:OOOOO

Comment by Lettre (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 03:44

You neeeeeeeeeed to make a reference to Ouran Host Club!!!!

Aniki

Comment by charm-bangle (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 05:25

Is there gonna be a shojo John? That'd be the end of me.

Shojo John!! OMG PLEASU?!

Comment by Mira (not verified) Thu, 09/27/2012 - 06:02

Hope you are feeling better!

And YES, I second the hope for a shojo John.

you wouldn't be alone in that

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 09/27/2012 - 08:05

you wouldn't be alone in that

Put the two drawings together

Comment by Alain (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 09:27

I follow the TCAF "combo" Twitter feeds of past exhibitors and at one point yesterday that "shoujo" drawing she made of you popped up next to one of your tweets. It was fun. But the shoujo drawing she made of herself also popped up! It was great fun seeing the two of you pop up like this in the feed. Matching styles, sometimes close, sometimes far away depending on the time you tweeted and the numbers of tweets by other past exhibitors!

You should put her shoujo drawing of herself up here too.

Is that...

Comment by badmartialarts (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 13:03

Magical Love Gentleman Ananth?

Stealth.

Comment by Omnithea (not verified) Wed, 09/26/2012 - 16:25

The joke is on all of Yuko's friends. She secretly wears rolled up pants under all her skirts.

I hope this year..

Comment by Panda (not verified) Thu, 09/27/2012 - 04:50

Random Love struck Girl: Sempai Notices me~

I'm so sorry(Kind of lol), but that's what immediately popped into my head when I saw the shoujo picture. Could there be a mini spin off involving this? Maybe make one of you two into a Pretty Soldier? -coughsSailorMoontizeYukocough- >>;;

Also feel better soon!

With the eyes, he reminds me

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 10/02/2012 - 02:05