the Music of the Spheres

the Music of the Spheres

Tue, 01/22/2013 - 18:32 by Ananth in response to lil' yuko and the music of the spheres

Tinnitus, for folks who are curious.

The new Benign Kingdom KS is up - check it out if you're interested! 4 new super talented artists for a new year.

That's all for us! Catch you Thursday.

Comments

I have tinnitus so bad I can

Comment by Jack T Robyn (not verified) Wed, 01/23/2013 - 18:09

I have tinnitus so bad I can hear it clearly over the computer, two monitors and a humidifier.

I have tinnitus that comes and goes...

Comment by Alcedine (not verified) Wed, 01/23/2013 - 18:57

It's probably genetic from how bad my dad's hearing is, but I like your explanation better, Yuko :)

On mother's side, both of my

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Wed, 01/23/2013 - 19:50

On mother's side, both of my grandparents are deaf, and my mom as well. They all have hearing aids, and when something goes a little wrong they make a high pitched ringing sound (audible to everyone), but all they have to do to stop it is turn the volume down. It's a tiny little dial on the hearing-aid.

I have on-and-off tinnitus, from a slight hearing loss of my own, and when I was a little kid and had no idea what it was, I just assumed it was the same thing that was happening to my grandparents/mother. So whenever I heard it, I would put my hand up to my ear and move my fingers as though I were turning the volume down. Eventually it would fade away, so...I assumed it was working. Years later, as well, I found out that was untrue xD

This fills me with a deep

Comment by Jubal (not verified) Wed, 01/23/2013 - 20:04

This fills me with a deep sorrow.

Opposite of tinnitus?

Comment by Meddi (not verified) Wed, 01/23/2013 - 21:40

I have something similar to tinnitus but not quite.. I only hear a buzzing/static when LOUD noises occur. Like at concerts with all the cheering, etc, I'll hear a staticky noise in my left ear but once it quiets down, it goes away. As far as I know there's no name for this but does anyone else have this?

This could beeee~

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 01/24/2013 - 00:58

What you're probably hearing is mild/moderate hearing damage. I advice you to have a set of ear plugs with you when you go to loud events. Also, might be a good idea to get both your ears checked to make sure nothing is wrong.

Haha! I can totally relate

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Thu, 01/24/2013 - 12:38

Haha! I can totally relate to this, because my mother gave me a strange look when I asked hr this question when I was younger.

Just being a nerd here

Comment by Evilweirdo (not verified) Thu, 01/24/2013 - 14:24

Hearing the planet, hmm?
YUKO: LAST OF THE CETRA

Ah, that must suck... wait a minute...

Comment by Illia (not verified) Fri, 01/25/2013 - 01:56

I just realized I do hear something when it's dead silent... but now I can't unhear it :(

It has a name!?

Comment by Mr. Morningstar (not verified) Fri, 01/25/2013 - 15:07

Wow, I have literally been hearing that noise since forever.
I was born deaf, but thanks to an operation I can hear perfectly fine now. So,I guess thats why I hear it.

I asked my mom and dad what it was but my parents had no idea what I was talking about either.

My brother and I have had ear infections so we always thought it was completely normal and everyone heard it.

Thanks for telling us it has a name!

Humble-Hoverer

Comment by Humble-Hoverer (not verified) Fri, 01/25/2013 - 16:14

I think I have tinnitis... I thought everybody heard that ringing...

What's that sound?

Comment by Rii (not verified) Wed, 01/30/2013 - 12:27

I like her explanation better.

I never thought about it til

Comment by Kris (not verified) Fri, 02/01/2013 - 19:57

I never thought about it til I looked up John Cage's 4'33" silent composition. When it mentioned he did it cause he heard the sounds of his nervous and circulatory systems in a sound deprivation chamber I just assumed that's what it was from then on.

I think I'll go with the

Comment by dryadka (not verified) Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:45

I think I'll go with the music of the spheres theory, makes tinnitus way cooler :D

ugh, and while I normally

Comment by dryadka (not verified) Tue, 02/12/2013 - 18:56

ugh, and while I normally don't even notice the ever present silent ringing, when I was reading the discussion and thought about it the whole time, all I hear now is "EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE". Even though I have the noisy ventilator on. No more thinking/reading about tinnitus for me :)

T-T

Comment by CaNNoN (not verified) Wed, 02/27/2013 - 12:57

The Same thing append to me when was a child, my mother treatme like a crazy person XD and now I KNOW! i am not crazy!!! o.o (i hope)?

I've always wondered what

Comment by Anonymous (not verified) Tue, 07/02/2013 - 13:50

I've always wondered what that ringing is. I was always told its part of being deaf lol