The future!

The future!

Tue, 02/19/2013 - 16:52 by Ananth in response to release party comic - once there was a cat

Hey guys! First: a big thank you to everyone who came out to the release party! I'll post some pictures on Thursday, but basically: a bunch of you showed and we had a lot of fun! Today's update is crowd-sourced comics ... I don't know how successful they were, but we had fun at least.

Okay ... let's talk about THE FUTURE. We've got some comics to post this week, but starting next week we'll be posting Lucky Penny. We'll start at the beginning of the book and keep posting from there. This'll allow Yuko to focus on just one project, something she hasn't been able to do for a few years now. We posted an excerpt a little while ago - it started here. We're really excited and I hope you like it!

That's all for us! Catch you Thursday.

Comments

I just want to say that

Comment by TC (not verified) Tue, 02/19/2013 - 17:09

I just want to say that prior to the release party I had only heard of Johnny Wander, I didn't actively read it nor did I really recognize it by name. After the party I went home and read every comic on the site, I'm saving to buy the books, and I feel like this comic was exactly what I needed when life wasn't exactly working out for me. To stop myself from typing a block of text I just want to say thank you all so much for creating this comic and allowing such a kind and warm community to grow and I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavors. I'm rooting for you!

Hello! Do you use Twitter? I'd like to follow you if that would be ok. I'm definitely
enjoying your blog and look forward to new updates.

h o m e s t u c k

Comment by livelyKnight (not verified) Tue, 02/19/2013 - 19:03

h o m e s t u c k

I amused easily.

Comment by AckAckAck (not verified) Tue, 02/19/2013 - 20:44

So I start giggling at the "Butts comic"

Out of curiosity, how long

Comment by a.a. (not verified) Tue, 02/19/2013 - 20:46

Out of curiosity, how long will you be posting Lucky Penny strips? Till it ends? Not that I mind but I was wondering.

I had so much fun

Comment by OutlawWolf (not verified) Tue, 02/19/2013 - 23:37

I was there and I was the one with the "He was a boss and knew it" line. It was a great time and I can't believe I was around people who actually knew what Johnny Wander was for once. Thanks for having it again, I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.

My line was "and all of our

Comment by zach (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 00:05

My line was "and all of our dreams came true". Thanks for the keychain and the party! I had a really great time.

Lucky Penny?! Yay

Comment by Aube (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 00:08

I've been stoked for Lucky Penny ever since the excerpt you guys, this is awesome! glad to hear the release party was a hit, every new one you have makes me wish I wasn't in Utah more and more. Why did I ever move from Vermont?

Oh god, the Nepeta hat is so

Comment by Jed (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 01:06

Oh god, the Nepeta hat is so adorable on that cat

Rawk xD

Comment by Anii (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 01:29

I'm mad excited for Lucky Penny~~

(also the release party was a blast!)

*plink* *plink*

lucky penny!!!

Comment by weesa (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 01:44

lucky penny!!!

Let me.

Comment by Let me tell you about Homestuck. (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 01:55

Let me.

Love this idea. So when will

Comment by ohTHATsean (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 02:47

Love this idea. So when will the book be available to us online? I'd like to pick it up!

Books finally arrived!

Comment by KevinGriffin3CD (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 03:36

My JW volumes 1,2, & 3 finally arrived in the mail yesterday! I spent all night rereading them. <3

When I was growing up, I had every volume of Calvin & Hobbes, Garfield, and Peanuts, and their influence is still in my life today. And now I've started buying books from my favorite webcomics as well, so that one day I can share them with my own kids. JW was amongst my first choices.

guess what just arrived!

Comment by jeun (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 07:07

My books finally came in today! They're awesome! Thanks you guys!
Also found a spelling error in the foreword of book 3, it made me lol a lot.

H O M E S T U C K

Comment by Azereil (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 10:59

Two things, 1) Good luck liking Nepeta. Everyone does. That's why... no.
2) Yuko HAS to put up an [S] Cascade reaction video. Pleaaaaaaaase.

You guys rock. Looking

Comment by TheXeno (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 13:36

You guys rock. Looking forward to Lucky Penny.

And then he started shipping

Comment by Firesnake (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 13:53

And then he started shipping everyone, the end.

So much greatness

Comment by Angela (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 15:56

Aw. I wish I could have gone to the book release party. But I got my books over the weekend and devoured them. Not literally. Though I did devour the Dream Curry recipe. That is one of my favorite dishes ever right now. And if you would believe it, we managed to mess it up and over cook it. Burnt a bunch of potatoes to the bottom by cooking it too high. Whoops. Still mighty tasty.
Such a great comic. You guys are very talented. I have also been looking forward to Lucky Penny since the first excerpt. Actually, that excerpt is how I found and fell in love with this comic. Thanks for all your hard work!

EEEeeeeee

Comment by Jasmine P (not verified) Wed, 02/20/2013 - 16:41

I'm excited about reading more Lucky Penny. I've wanted to read more of your fiction narratives. And with Ballad of Laundry Cat released, now I can buy my copy, I was at the release in spirit! I haunt Bergen Street Comics in my off time.

BUTTS

Comment by James (not verified) Thu, 02/21/2013 - 07:28

Is the butts comic a subtle QC reference?

I totally missed out on the

Comment by elorg (not verified) Thu, 02/21/2013 - 10:29

I totally missed out on the release party :( Maybe next time.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!

Comment by SARS (not verified) Thu, 02/21/2013 - 14:13

Sorry for contributing to your pile of spam emails asking for when the books would ship. I (finally) got them with all the Kickstarter bonuses!

Thank You once again, and keep up the awesome!

I had butts disease before it was cool

Comment by Amake (not verified) Fri, 02/22/2013 - 02:27

First let me say the comic made me laugh until I cried.

And then there's the butts. That made me nostalgic. Back when I was a teenager there was a comics anthology published here in Sweden with the sort of comics teenagers find funny. So, lots of burlesque humor and Edika. Among the recurring stories was a comic about the staff themselves, in typical self-deprecating caricature style. The running joke was that the comics they published in the anthology was nothing but page after page of drawings of butts.

So, the cat is in fine company.

test apple

Comment by test apple (not verified) Sat, 04/06/2013 - 20:14

hello very nice to meet you. i am new here. see you.